Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Hydrotherapy

In my previous blog posts I have mentioned different types of Physical Therapy that have been used. Today I am going to go into detail on one in particular. HYDROTHERAPY. Hydrotherapy is a type of treatment that is used to decrease pain and increase comfort while doing a specific exercise. Like walking on a tread mill. The different types of exercises you can do are all done inside of a swimming pool that much colder than normal pools. The water will be up to the patient's chest, which helps reduce the weight and pressure on the injured body part and the patient as a whole. The temperature and pressure of the water also help to increase good blood circulation." Alternating the temperatures, either in a shower or complementary tanks, combines the use of hot and cold in the same session. Proponents claim improvement in circulatory system and lymphatic drainage." (Wiki, P18)



         "Hydrotherapy." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 18 Sept. 2012. Web. 19 Sept. 2012.         <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrotherapy>.

3 comments:

  1. I think that that is a very interusting way to heal some injuries and work out some problems. I feel like i really learned from this post,it was well done and it was interusting.It almost makes me want to try this if I ever get any type of injury that can be fixed by this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually had to do this for a serious of hockey-related injuries throughout my career. I wasn't always the luckiest guy on the team and often found myself sidelined due to injuries. I have done physical therapy four different times and it has proven great results and has allowed me to get back on the ice even sooner. I used Hydrothereapy, when I had a serious pulled grion and a hyperextended hip-flexer. Both times using this treatment I found to be a unique experience and was noticbly effective. It is interesting to learn more about how it truely heals the injury. Great post and good video to make it easier to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew that this was a type of therapy. It is very interesting that they do a therapy in water and it has results like that. I knew that the cold water has affects on the body cause I've taken many ice baths for sports injures, but i did not know that they could do that much for therapy reasons. I found this very interesting and learned something knew. Nice post keep it up!

    ReplyDelete